New 210 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The one with the bulkhead is overflow ...looks like a really small diameter pipe though so I'm wondering if I'm not going to be able to get much flow in the DT...I'm going to do a durso style overflow also

That is not much for a 210. a single 1" drain is what I'm seeing. I had four 1.5" drains on my 300. I would use both of those bulkheads for drains and go over the top for return.
If there is no bulkhead in the smaller hole, you need to find one to put in it. there is no way a hole in glass will not leak without one.

Lol I am putting a bulkhead in there I swear Mr.X....there is a larger hole next to the bulkhead...the size of the 1" piping with the existing bulkhead concerns me with flow...I might go with what you said Mr.X with a back return...any good designs for a return that way ? Both overflow holes are different sizes is that going to make problems?

That is not much for a 210. a single 1" drain is what I'm seeing. I had four 1.5" drains on my 300. I would use both of those bulkheads for drains and go over the top for return.
If there is no bulkhead in the smaller hole, you need to find one to put in it. there is no way a hole in glass will not leak without one.
+1. def not enough drainage flow for your tank.

So use both holes as overflow and use a hob return...any suggestions? Hard line PVC up to the ball joint nozzles? Where is a good place to order the nozzle?

The larger hole is the drain and the 1" pipe was used as a return. It's probably a 1.5" bulkhead that fits in it. Yes, I would use both as drains. No, it won't matter if they are different sizes, but you'll have to make durso standpipes for both. I'm wondering if you will have problems fitting them both.
The return can be flex pipe or hard pipe. I would use a locline exit...something like this-
3/4" Loc-Line Return Kit

Thank you Mr.X for the help I really appreciate it...there should be enough room for 2 durso drains...it's a decent size overflow box so hopefully both will fit...this is my first big tank so any and all help and advise is very appreciated ...my aim is to do it right the first time...lots of troubleshooting before water goes in but I'm learning something new everyday so it's fun and a challenge not to mention worth it in the end

why not run the larger hole at full syphon, then run either a durso or stockman (think that's the name) on the other? I got tired of the constant noise from my dursos so that's what I did.

why not run the larger hole at full syphon, then run either a durso or stockman (think that's the name) on the other? I got tired of the constant noise from my dursos so that's what I did.

Huma...I don't suppose you could take a pic of your overflows for me could you?

this is my main drain, running full syphon, as you can see I have a ball valve to control the syphon.
1620964_10202888276474121_1124693940_n.jpg

I personally am running a Hoffer Gurgle Buster (almost same as a stockman) on my secondary drain. its dead silent and is mainly just to pick up whatever the main drain doesn't.

1607048_10202888276594124_952917465_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom