New 40g Long need help with fishless cycle.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, I re-dosed back to about 3. I can't wait to see the results tomorrow!

Day 16:
pH: 8.2
Ammonia: 0
Nitrites: 2-5 :(
Nitrates: 80 =O

Re-dose back up to 2-3?

DAY 17:
Ammonia: 0!!!
Nitrites: ...wait for it.....0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nitrates: 80+

YES! FiNaLlY!!

Re-dosed back to 4 ppm last night and checked again today....NITRITES STILL 0 so I'm headin to the fish store to get some of my stock!

Next task is to drip acclimate them to my 8.2 pH =[. Poor little guys. I have a ton of driftwood soaking though so I hope that makes them feel a little better!

Flash081 said:
Re-dosed back to 4 ppm last night and checked again today....NITRITES STILL 0 so I'm headin to the fish store to get some of my stock!

Next task is to drip acclimate them to my 8.2 pH =[. Poor little guys. I have a ton of driftwood soaking though so I hope that makes them feel a little better!

Awesome! As long as ammo and no2 are at 0...you should be good to go :). Make sure you get your nitrAtes below 20, and turn your heater down if you've got it cranked up.

Yep just did a huge water change and they are at about 5. Heater turned down to 74 and ammo+no2 are both at zero for a couple days of dosing to 4.0!

I'll post a pic of my tank on your guide when I get it fully stocked.

Thanks Eco and everyone who helped me!!!!

Flash081 said:
DAY 17:
Ammonia: 0!!!
Nitrites: ...wait for it.....0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nitrates: 80+

YES! FiNaLlY!!

Done in a Flash. Good job

Also, I noticed that all of the fish hang out near the sides of the tank most of the time to see their reflections. Will this go away with time or will they always do that?

I have a glass tank so I don't really know how to get rid of the mirror-like quality of the sides.

Beautiful fish :). My Bolivian Ram is always up to the glass looking out trying to figure out where the heck he is, lol.

Back
Top Bottom