New 55gal build up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr.loach

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just purchased a 55gal tank and insted of my usual getting one filter that is big enough to run the whole tank I thought of getting two that r ment for 30gal and putting them at each side of the tank hoping to increase air and water movement through the tank would it b worth doing or just a waist of money (marine land is my filter of choice thinking 2 200 c's insted of a single 350)

Will definitely be following the development of the 55. I think you made the right decision going for 2 filters instead of 1. With those 2 filters you will have a back-up in case of one failing and you will be turning your water over about 7 times per hour. My current 55 is turned over 12x per hour; the more filtration the merrier! What are you thinking as far as a stocking list?

Idk for sure it will be a fw community my sons favorite I no angel fish tiger barb angelic loach maybe I medium group of cardinal tetra I am open to any suggestions though.
I was worried that I could turn the water over to much or something thank you for ur advice.

One little precautionary statement about that stocking: I wouldn't do Tiger Barbs and Angelfish in the same aquarium. Tigers can get very nippy and the long flowing fins of the Angelfish might look like a nice meal.

Sounds like an awesome tank though! (y)

Very good point I think I'll forgo the tiger barbs

Back
Top Bottom