New 86G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Savoie83

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi
First post here. I have order a new tank:dance:. Hagen 86G, 48Lx18Wx24H. I think its a very nice size and I can't wait to have it. My question is for the filter and on the fish. I want to put two canister, one on each size. i have think of Eheim classic 2217 that are rated to 160G each or the 2215 that are rated to 92G. The thing is that i want to have big fish. I already have 2 silver dollar, 3 red fin tinfoil bard, 1 redtail black shark, 2 clownloach (I know i need more) and one pleco. I want to add 2 or 3 silver dollar, - clownloach or maybe not, 2 small eel (I really like zigzag eel) and some L200 (green phantom pleco). I think to remove the common pleco.
Can someone help me with my choice. It can be hard to make the good one:banghead:.
Sorry for my english I'm french.
:thanks:

anyone?
Forget to said that i want a school of smaller fish too, dont know what.

Hi
First post here. I have order a new tank:dance:. Hagen 86G, 48Lx18Wx24H. I think its a very nice size and I can't wait to have it. My question is for the filter and on the fish. I want to put two canister, one on each size. i have think of Eheim classic 2217 that are rated to 160G each or the 2215 that are rated to 92G. The thing is that i want to have big fish. I already have 2 silver dollar, 3 red fin tinfoil bard, 1 redtail black shark, 2 clownloach (I know i need more) and one pleco. I want to add 2 or 3 silver dollar, - clownloach or maybe not, 2 small eel (I really like zigzag eel) and some L200 (green phantom pleco). I think to remove the common pleco.
Can someone help me with my choice. It can be hard to make the good one:banghead:.
Sorry for my english I'm french.
:thanks:

:welcome: to AA! (y)

I'd say go with the 2217. With those two filters I'd think you can add another few silver dollars and clown loaches. I'm not familiar with the eels and the L200 Pleco ... although the common pleco as well as your tinfoil barbs will get very large (I'm assuming they're juveniles at the moment.) If the L200 is a smaller species than the common ... I'd say go for it.

Your tank is about the same dimensions as mine and 3 tinfoil barbs would just dominate most of the space ... LOL.

Yeah i know it get big, I will only keep 1 I thing. For the L200, the size is about 6".

I got the tank last week. From Hagen it said its a 86.4G and from the other builder with the measurement its and 90g or 89.*. Anyway, I have order a Eheim classic 2217 canister filter and Hydor inline 300w heater. I know its not enough, i will add on in the tank and buy another inline when I buy another filter. I also start my stand.
43914-albums2223-picture14722.jpg

I will post more pic when more will be done. I don't have alot of time as you can see the floor is not done and its not the only thing. I do major renovation, but its almost done.

Have you thought about an L014 pleco?

No i don't really like the L014. I'll start covering the stand tomorrow, at least cut the side. Will be done with Oak Plywood.

I Just ordered my lightning fixture. 48" Nova Extreme T5HO. Filter and heater is suppose to arrive monday. I'm so exited

The Tank is now Install. Stand is cover with stain Oak and its not done. Color is Santa Fe by Preverco.
43914-albums2223-picture15497.jpg

Still waiting for the lighting fixture.

Common's will outgrow that tank, I think you are making the right choice to rid of the Common and get the L200.

I'm not familiar with any of the other fishes, sorry.

Your setup looks good so far, nice work.

Here we go. Extreme Nova 2xT5 Freshwater.
43914-albums2223-picture15552.jpg

I'm not very good to take picture of Aquarium. Ive try with flash and no flash, Its the best one I got. Look ugly in the picture but its really sexy to look in real.

Yes i will add another driftwood, this one look so small and i will add more plants. Hope the Silver Dollar don't eat them.

Small update.
43914-albums2223-picture16373.jpg

Still don't have lots of time to work on it but its better than nothing. And now i'm father of a beautiful little boy.

Back
Top Bottom