New addition.(:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maddybrat

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I currently have 3 tanks:) whoop! (all cycled)
29 gallon- 2 jd
10gallon- crayfish
5 gallon- Betta
today I was able to go and get the betta:) he's really pretty!

Attachments

• image-1412004082.jpg
    image-1412004082.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 84
That's what my guess was, but I wanted to make sure. Two Jack Dempseys in a 29 will be a huge problem down the road. Even 1 in there would be too much....

-bud

They grow to 10-12 inches a piece, and become very aggressive when they get bigger. They weren't named after Jack Dempsey because they were nice;)

Oh. Okay. I guess I'll climb that hill when I get to it. Hahah:) who's jack Dempsey? And I'm thinking on naming my new addition Bear.:) Haah.

Jack Dempsey was a fighter. A boxer, I believe.

IMO the sooner you get those two out of there the better, because they will most likely turn on each other soon:eek:

Great. They are cool fish, and it may be hard to give them away, but It is much better for them to get a bigger home. It will probably save the life of one of them.

-bud

Ya Jack Dempsey was a heavey weight boxing champion. Jack Dempsey the fish get a maximum of 10 inches with most only getting about 8 inches. They are awesome fish. I would recommend getting at least a minimum of a 55 gallon tank to rehome them. Or you could give one away and keep the other in the 29 ( but he will be cramped ).

Some pictures of the two would be great!!

very nice!! My dad just bought one the other day, and i had to research for him... and he still put it in his community tank!
You do have some time before you need to think about rehomeing them, and even more time if they continue to not fight.
I will try and get a pic of mine.

Jack Dempseys are very cool looking fish. If you really want to keep them both you could get a 75 gallon. I think they would be much, much, much happier there.

-bud

Ok here is my Jack Dempsey. Best pics i could get with crappy ipod cam combined with active fish!

Attachments

• image-2098603440.jpg
    image-2098603440.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 46
  • image-877462040.jpg
    image-877462040.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 46
  • image-3378682294.jpg
    image-3378682294.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 50
Back
Top Bottom