new and improved .....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
alright i have it at 20 right now but ill lower it to 10 and do you think i should put it at 3-4 bps or stay at 1 till the solution gets here...

are you reading the outer numbers or the ones in the color column ??

so i came home after breakfast today to see all my plants pearling .....yaaaaaaa......

i shut off the airstone and so far so good ......now all i need is to order my mini jets cause i guess i forgot to when i put in a big order for the reg cylinder and fetrz .....oopps....also im pretty sure i need to upgrade my light cause this cfl i have isnt growing what it should and i think its the par isnt good enough cause a lot of my plants have died like the water sprite and rotola but the ferns ,anachris and sword are doing god........as soon as fishneedit get more 4x39 in stock this june i think ......im buying one

either way i was super stoked about the pearling.....

so im still trying to figure out why i cant NOT run my airstone and its really bugging me that no one can help not even my lfs guy....

if i leave it off for more than three hours most of my fish willbe at the top of the tank gasping for air ??

i have a 4 stage jebo canister + a 700 gph canister for a current.... 110w cf light...pressurized c02 set up....my substrate is only like 6 months old...

fish
3 angeles
2 featherfin cats
3 gbr
7 rainbows
2 turtles
2 kerri tetra

so im trying to figure out how to minimize my off gassing of the c02

any help or suggestion would be awesome

so i have a c02 question>

im running a inline reactor and have my reg at 20 Ibs with about 4 bps and wanted to know if anyone else gets a burst of c02 bubbles like it builds up in the outflow then gets enough pressure to squirt it out >>>

i guess what im trying to ask is do you guys have a constant flow of litte tiny c02 bubbles or do you see it build up in the outflow then release out ???

im wondering if im off gassing for some reason cause i dont get my drop checker to light green till the lights been on for about 4 to 5 hours??

Is the inline reactor vertical with the water flowing from the top to the bottom?

i guess what im trying to ask is do you guys have a constant flow of litte tiny c02 bubbles or do you see it build up in the outflow then release out ???

im wondering if im off gassing for some reason cause i dont get my drop checker to light green till the lights been on for about 4 to 5 hours??

I don't get any bubbles period.

how long before your lights come on does your co2 come on? If you're running a bubbler, you're offgassing for sure.

1 hour after lights come on and shuts off 1 hour before lights turn off.....what pressure do you have your reg at john

I keep mine at 10lbs. Rather than having it come on an hour after the lights, it needs to come on 30 minutes to an hour before the lights come on. That lets the co2 build up so you don't run in to that issue.

ok sounds good i will try that and see how it goes......thanks john

when do oyu turn it off ??

so i was looking at my tank and i see this little guy roaming......im guessing he is a trumpet snail but my question is it really bad that i found him ????

should i be worried about an outbreak

Attachments

• IMAG0137.jpg
    IMAG0137.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 68
bsdryder7 said:
so im still trying to figure out why i cant NOT run my airstone and its really bugging me that no one can help not even my lfs guy....

if i leave it off for more than three hours most of my fish willbe at the top of the tank gasping for air ??

i have a 4 stage jebo canister + a 700 gph canister for a current.... 110w cf light...pressurized c02 set up....my substrate is only like 6 months old...

fish
3 angeles
2 featherfin cats
3 gbr
7 rainbows
2 turtles
2 kerri tetra

so im trying to figure out how to minimize my off gassing of the c02

any help or suggestion would be awesome

Turning on ur airstone will agitate the water surface meaning ur co2 will be dissipated/ depleted more quickly. IMO i don't see y u need a co2 generator, all the plants u have, I have I'm my 10 gallon and they are fine with only root tabs and fertilizers.

Turning on ur airstone will agitate the water surface meaning ur co2 will be dissipated/ depleted more quickly. IMO i don't see y u need a co2 generator, all the plants u have, I have I'm my 10 gallon and they are fine with only root tabs and fertilizers.

well im way more planted now lol but i have a cool story .....so i was having major problems with my fish not having enough oxygen remember :( well i started by turning off during the day untill i saw the fish start heading to the top of the tank then i would turn it back on.....well after doing this for a week or two i was able to turn it off all day but turning it back on at night ......tonight was the first time i left it off for 24 hours and the fish are ok....YAAAAAAAAA

im wondering if because of the airstone that they gey used to so much o2 in there and tey had to acclimate to less????

maybe thats a stupid thought but either way i have conquered this mission lol

so i had to scrub the glass today with my pwc and i took out the new heater wich i bought two weeks ago ....... so i take it out put it on the kitchen counter and while im deep into scrubbing i hear .....shatter.....and my 2 1/2 year old son say....oooooppppsssss.....

he was able to reach the cord i guess ... awwwwwww ......

soooooo im really freakin upset.....i thought by leaving my airstone off during the day and on at night for a few days would ween the fish slowly off the airstone then the last three days i have left it off completly and everything was fine but i heard a splash at around ten at night and turned the light on but my three angels ...1 cat...4 rainbows...2 gbr....2 kerri...have died! im trying to save the other gbr but it just wants to lay on the bottom...

so now i have the dang betta....1 rainbow and if the gbr makes it him too...

im never turning that dang airstone off ever again even if it waste the c02 !

im soo pissed off i cant figure why other people can run there tanks without a airstone but i cant???

bsdryder7 said:
soooooo im really freakin upset.....i thought by leaving my airstone off during the day and on at night for a few days would ween the fish slowly off the airstone then the last three days i have left it off completly and everything was fine but i heard a splash at around ten at night and turned the light on but my three angels ...1 cat...4 rainbows...2 gbr....2 kerri...have died! im trying to save the other gbr but it just wants to lay on the bottom...

so now i have the dang betta....1 rainbow and if the gbr makes it him too...

im never turning that dang airstone off ever again even if it waste the c02 !

im soo pissed off i cant figure why other people can run there tanks without a airstone but i cant???

Sorry to here that. It truly sucks!

Does your tank has a hood? If so it's not safe to turn it off in my view. I had no airstone in one of my tank for good 3month but it didn't had a lid so it was okay. Never lost a fish in that time period.

I hope your other fish survives..

Back
Top Bottom