New Anemonie floating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wally

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just got my first anemonie at a not too great lfs. Its a long tentacle purple type. When I placed it in the tank it floats and the currant truns it over. Should I turn off the return pump to give it a chance to take hold?

Right now it is being held in place with my net.

Need big help am in fear that I may have made a mistake???

Update 1 hour later.......Its medium size on its side at the rear bottom of the tank. Guess they end up where ever they want anyway.

Should I perhaps place it inside a pice of pvc in an attempt to "locate" it where I want it?

It couldnt hurt, but try to touch it as little as possible. If you use pvc it may need to be kept permanently. Use your hands rather than the net. Good luck

I'm a saltwater newbie, but IMO, you shouldn't be buying delicate animals at "not too great" LFSes...

I'm a saltwater newbie, but IMO, you shouldn't be buying delicate animals at "not too great" LFSes...

Agreed but we all have to do it at some point. At least until we find that perfect lfs. :D

Sound advise Hypostomus, I went there to gat a good buy on a bucket of IO. Its not the greatest store but it is by far the closest. The Anemonie was a trade in, the previous owner was not able to get it to host a clown.

Back
Top Bottom