New apisto rescape!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brookster123

Aquarium Advice Addict
It's official! The tank has been cleared and rescaped and I'm off to the Lfs for my new apisto pandurini's! It's still cloudy but you get the idea, lots of wood, rocks and some plants! I'll probably pick up anubias too..

image-1996137805.jpg

image-1351479512.jpg

I used some pool filter sand I had lying around mixed with a small bag of Carib sea sand that was a bit darker..

It's nice in that it's cheap, diggable, won't trash filters, plantable, won't trap doody like gravel and it's cheap!!

I haven't used real plants but gone nuts with plastic ones but I might do in the future see how things go
careful.. Once you start there's no turning back.. I have a bag with $100 worth of fake plants I replaced with $100 of real plants;)

careful.. Once you start there's no turning back.. I have a bag with $100 worth of fake plants I replaced with $100 of real plants;)

That's why I don't want to start yet because I know I will start spending big with out even thinking about it because I will need a new lighting system then there is the plants them selfs and the stuff to keep them happy I cannot walk past a lfs without going in and having a look and buying bw or a plant of some sort haha

It looks really good! :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It looks really good! :) Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
thanks! I'm pretty happy with it for now.. I'm having an inner struggle whether or not to re-do the lights and make this another high maintenance tank:/ I really hope I don't...

When are you adding your apistos? I really like them wish I had more room!

They went in last night, I dripped them for 1.5 hrs., they're still babies, only 1-1.25", they didn't even run from the net at the store, went into hiding immediately, fed a bit this morning but no one came out but the new Nerite snail in there.. It's only a 10 gal... Surely you have the space;)

When they settle in you'll have to take pictures they're beautiful fish when they're in the lfs you can't tell how pretty they are till you get them home and settled.
I'm already thinking off up grading my 53 don't think the hubby would be too pleased if I also bought another :)

Oh I will!! I can't wait until they get a bit more social.. I need more tanks.. It's always the other ones that just don't get it.. " but Sarah.. They have wild caught apisto viejita at uncle Ned's!!!"

I've tried the whole i would really love those but he won't take the hint! Lol

I guess it's probably for the best... With no one to tell me..Stop!! I'd be broke and sleeping in the bathtub because there'd be a 400 gallon tank where my bed is!

Yeah your probably right! I'd end up on the streets penniless and my fish in a bucket :)

Yeah your probably right! I'd end up on the streets penniless and my fish in a bucket :) Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
haha.. "Don't throw change in there! My fish are allergic to copper!!!!" Ok now back on topic;) speaking of water in a bucket. Just ordered a pump, getting a 30 gallon brute barrel and I'm setting up a water aging/changing station! My tap comes out high high ph and gasses off to low 7.. I'm going to mix with spring water to try and keep this tank at high 6..

Do apistos need a low ph? Interested incase i ever get some in the future.

Back
Top Bottom