New apisto rescape!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Panduros are pair apistos not trio or more like apistogramma cacatuoides or agassiziis are. The female will kill the other if you get one

Panduros are pair apistos not trio or more like apistogramma cacatuoides or agassiziis are. The female will kill the other if you get one
well than... No more girlies.. The cac's killed her too. Is that common? I've read about the harem breeder thing?? Not so much ime..

My tolerated the other but her sons if her in. Just days before I sold them. Some peoples apistogramma cacatuoides don't work like others do.

Ok good.. I still got a little while, I just have to separate a couple big fry from moms tank and I'll be worry free..

Ive wondered what/if there is a chance of a different looking strand off my original pair.. Back to the topic at hand though, based on the pics I've presented is there any doubt I have a male and female??

Update.. Re- did lighting (pitbullys DIY style) had too.. I'm a planted dwarf loving nerd and that's my Friday afternoon!! Female is still cowering under intake pump.. She's eating though so I'm not worried yet:/

image-2991336796.jpg

image-1337247984.jpg

So added another male after figuring out I had confused sex's.. never said I was an exper, trustie at lfs is on my doody list.. surprisingly by adding the new male the other, smaller male has become much more social, they were.origianly from the same tank so I'm thinking they're long lost brothers.. the female is still a feisty little girl but she's not tormenting the Lil guy anymore. I know i can't keep 2 males but it's cool to.finally see a cl balanced peaceful scene.... in a 10 gal apisto panduro tank ahhhahaahahah.. check him out, he's a looker

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1401655549233.jpg
    1401655549233.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 115
Would adding another female kick things off again? Because you would have thought that it would be chaos putting another male in, he is a nice fish though

I'll be moving the small male soon, I was watching them this morning. . It's crazy.. she's still a nut job, darts at the Lil guy and he hides behind big bro, I'm going to let them hang for a Lil while anyways.. it's really cool to watch them together..

Yah she is.. she's the equivalent of Susie essman's character in "curb your enthusiasm" hahah..this tank has been getting most of my attention lately..

Back
Top Bottom