New aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jakester79

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just started my first marine aquarium. I have a 72 gallon and just added live rock and substrate last night. Still waiting for the cloud to settle. Should I keep my power head and cannister shut down?

Congrats on starting the tank. I always leave my filters running to clear the water faster. And just change and clean the filter media soon after.

If you have any questions, no matter how dumb you think they might be, just post them, and myself or others will give your their best opinion. Aquariums seem tricky, but are kind of easy once you get everything going.

If your just cycling the tank, no live stock or inverts in the tank then IMO just leave everything off including the lights.

Check it in the morning. No reason to possible foul up equipment with debris getting into things while your tank clears up.

Once your tank clears turn your pumps/power heads on. You may have to blast the rocks with a turkey baster to get sand off of them.

Good luck and can't wait for pics!

Ok thank! My live rock was fully cured but I'm still waiting a little while before adding fish. I'll do all the tests on the water before I do.

Back
Top Bottom