New betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Delapool

AA Member
Site Team
Stopped off to get some fish food today. Came home with a new betta (as you do :) ).

From memory this one was noted as veil tail ($10). There were also moon bettas ($12) and half moon for ($33). Took a liking to this one.

74564-albums13177-picture69889.jpeg

74564-albums13177-picture69890.jpeg

74564-albums13177-picture69891.jpg

Thanks! He looked healthy and was busy checking out the tank last night and flaring at a few things to keep in practice.

He's beautiful :) love his color, he looks really healthy!
Good luck with him ?

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon shrimp and snail tank

I do like the colour on this one as well. Hopefully he settles in ok. I noticed last night there was a loose scale or something on one of the gill plates so I'm hoping this is nothing and will go away. Will try to do a small mid-week water just to keep the water fresh.

Still can't figure out what is on or into the scale on the gill plate. Very small at half a millimetre length and like a strand from a piece of string. White coloured. The length of it isn't like ich I have seen (not a round dot). If anything some sort of small worm, (assuming the worse), but I can't see any damage or redness around it. It's not moving either.

Impossible to get a good photograph.

Dosed salt into the tank up to a US tablespoon per half gallon. Around 0.7%. It's still there, possibly a bit less.

Fish is pretty much fine. Reducing the salt back out and will just watch it for a bit.

Nice betta

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Many thanks!

The white strand seemed to wither and drop off after the salt so all seems well now. He handled the salt well - just colour loss on a few occasions.

He is very good at recognising the food container now :)

I'd like to get something else in there as a cleaner but tank is only 6 gal and last time I found large snails were too messy. Might try a couple of Malaysian trumpet snails.

Last edited:
Found a small ramshorn snail in the main tank yesterday. Not sure how it survived between the loaches and co2 injection unless it came with the plants I bought the previous weekend.

Plucked him out and into the beta tank. Seems to be doing ok. Will see how he goes.

Thanks! He buzzed the snail a few times but otherwise all good. Sort of got him trained to follow my finger if he misses a pellet (wondering if the LED light might be too bright). Or he has me trained (one of the two).

Left the tank bare bottom for convenience still. I must confess tempted on some little Lego theme in there.

He's a little too well trained now and gets too excited thinking there is food on the way. Managed to get a few snaps.

74564-albums13177-picture70242.jpg

74564-albums13177-picture70243.jpg

74564-albums13177-picture70241.jpg

He's beautiful :) I really love his color. Looking really healthy!

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon borara merah and brigittae, shrimp and snails

Many thanks! I haven't really thought up a name. Any ideas?

I've talked myself out of the lego theme. A few spongebob decorations are tempting :)

Being a ginger and dead sexy, how about Fat Bastard! Lol. Sorry I'm an old Autin Powers fan. Lol

Lol - I was thinking of "blue" or "shorty" (as he seems short-sighted getting food). Unless it's long-sighted, I can never remember.

Back
Top Bottom