New clown pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Devon6209

Aquarium Advice Activist
A few weeks ago I purchased a bristlenose from a lfs for $3.50. And as I was walking out of the store, I noticed it did not have bristles so I asked. And he said it was just a regular and that he would order me a bristlenose. Well I went in yesterday to see if he had ordered it and he had not. So instead he gave me a clown plec. He is about an inch and a half. I will also post a pic when he stops hiding. was this a good deal price wise, and fish wise?

The price is good compared to my local stores. I keep both types. The clown is far more shy and needs wood to eat for optimal health. (My bristlenose ignores her wood). The clown is supposedly more territorial, but mine are 1 year old and I haven't seen it.

Thts good for no aggression. And I have plenty of wood in with him. He has been hiding inside of a hallowed piece in a crack. Where nothing can see him

Cool! I really like them (we have four). They come out more when we turn the light down. If you create a shady area that helps too!

Yea me too. Got 2 pics of him tonight, before he disappeared Bach under the wood.

Attachments

• image-707028394.jpg
    image-707028394.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 93
  • image-1192916133.jpg
    image-1192916133.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 83
I'm not sure but the pet store employee could be wrong. I believe I read somewhere the female bristle nose do NOT develop bristles and I think I have such a pleco. But I am also jealous as I want a clown pleco but around here (Texas) they seem few and far between and pricey.

image-4279926465.jpg

Lonestarbandit said:
I'm not sure but the pet store employee could be wrong. I believe I read somewhere the female bristle nose do NOT develop bristles and I think I have such a pleco. But I am also jealous as I want a clown pleco but around here (Texas) they seem few and far between and pricey.

Yea I thought I had read that before. And I was just joking when I said something to him about it. But I got a $10 clown for $3.50. And I would love to have your bristle nose. Such pretty color.

Back
Top Bottom