new corydoras hiding and not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steph101

Aquarium Advice Activist
I brought 4 sterbai corydoras yesterday and they seem to be hiding and not moving much. I also dropped a few pallets infront of them and they wouldn't eat. Ive tried froozen bloodworms aswel but no luck. Is it just because they havent settled in yet? Ive got 6 neons and 1 betta in a 18 gallon. My other fish.did this also but they have settled now and are.happy :)

Give them a little bit, they're usually a wee but skittish upon introduction to a new habitat.

If I'm not mistaken, a lot of cories are wild caught and can take a little time to get used to new surroundings. I'm assuming you acclimatized them carefully?

Yeah i floated.the bag for 15 minutes and.all that jazz i.guess.ill just give them somw time to.settle in

Sent from my GT-I9197 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

15 minutes really isn't a very long time. Most people will recommend at least an hour or so. Did you add any tank water to the bag water during that time? They could be uncomfortable from a quick change in water parameters, pH especially. Hopefully they come around!

They're prob in shock from rapid ph/nitrate/temp change, in the future look into drip acclimation or even adding tank water to bag every 15 min..

Back
Top Bottom