New external filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevedocs

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just set up my new fluval 206 on my 23 gallon tank. Still running the internal fluval U2 until the external is ready. How long so we think it will take until I can take out the internal?

Thanks

I'm doing something similar at the moment, have just bought a fluval 306 to replace the aquis500 I had, I too am running a fluval u3 at the same time I will be leaving it about four weeks til I remove it.

Is it possible to take the media and fit it into your canister? That way all the bb will be there and it shouldn't minicycle.

I have added some media to the new filter but think I will leave everything running for a bit anyway, just worried ill take the internal out and dead fish

I see well I always use my canister filter to cycle my tanks when I set up a grow out tank and really any tank. It works really well and this way we will know for sure that the bb would still be there. After your 4 weeks or so we can assume your other filter will have enough bb in it but we won't know for sure until you see if the tank minicycle. After your 4 weeks you should try and get the media into your canister so you will know for sure all the bb is there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom