New Fish & an accident >_<

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
Now before everyone starts to flip out, I think you should all know that my blue gourami died about a week or so after my dwarf gourami did so these are replacement fishies >.> especially since i'm down 7 fish since I got my new 20 gal (because my fish are just plain stupid or got sick)

I got a new blue gourami and I'm trying a gold gourami. My boyfriend Rob(MY FIRST ONE EVA! ) bought me one of them, cuz he's nice like that. So I come home after showing him how to get home cuz he lives in a different town and I have another bag in my hand and i go to put them on my bed and the fish bag slips out of my hand and lands on the floor.. SPLOOSHING the water out. Now I'm freaking out cuz I'm thinking my fish are dead from slamming trauma so I quickly gather them and put the bag in my fish tank in hopes that some water is still in it. The fish are fine but they just swam into the tank because the side of the bag broke but I feel bad cuz i couldn't acclimate them >__< and the fact that they got slammed against my floor... I think they'll be alright though, they're just a wee bit stressed @____@

I guess the water in the bag would've saved them from any bad physical damage when they hit the floor. However, I don't know about the climitisation. I had a similar situation with a betta a while ago and he was freaking out and die fairly soon :( so I think if they were to die of stress from this whole situation, I'd say they would already be dead/looking sick.

Good luck with the new gourami! (I've always liked those guys) :) Er... what doesn't kill it will only make it stronger?! :p :roll:

Under the circumstances, you really didn't have much of a choice. Hopefully, the LFS store water temp and ph were close to yours and didn't contain any parasites. Keep a close eye on all the fish for any signs of stress or sickness.

Yeah, there a little stressed just becuase they're like...where are we..and who are these people?! but other than that they seem alright :?

Back
Top Bottom