New fish, I wanted to show off!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If your not doing plants maybe a marineland single bright led? Under a $100. I'm not sure about shrimp but I don't see why not?

I'm not a huge fan of the marineland lights. They aren't actually that bright. I'm gonna search around for a nice light but i can find anything ill just do a coralife fixture

Looks great! Congrats! Oscars are fish. So friendly they have many dog like qualities. I love your set up as well.

BTW, what is the best food I can feed him? Right now he will be getting omega one cichlid pellets and fry but what else? I know the pellets should be the main diet. Could I feed him fresh store bought shrimp? Or frozen raw shrimp? Seems more cost effective then ghost shrimp and safer.

Also how much do I feed him? He always looks hungry to me haha he is gonna be a fatty

i always mixed it up

pellets one day, frozen shrimp/Bloodworms the next. Remember to give him some peas aswell.

Here's what I feed my Oscar and nothing has gone wrong haha. I feed omega one shrimp pellets 4 times a week. Then I feed 1 frozen brine shrimp one day, then red wiggles one day them the Sundays I don't feed and let him cleanse out the digestive system haha. But as far as amounts go I fed my Oscar pellets 2 or 3 small feedings a day then when he hit 6 inches I just fed one larger feeding each day and I still just feed 1 large feeding and everything is going great!

One more piece of advice don't feed your oscar everytime it looks hungry since they are always hungry limit the food lol because trust me that little guy will always want more!

Here's what I feed my Oscar and nothing has gone wrong haha. I feed omega one shrimp pellets 4 times a week. Then I feed 1 frozen brine shrimp one day, then red wiggles one day them the Sundays I don't feed and let him cleanse out the digestive system haha. But as far as amounts go I fed my Oscar pellets 2 or 3 small feedings a day then when he hit 6 inches I just fed one larger feeding each day and I still just feed 1 large feeding and everything is going great!

One more piece of advice don't feed your oscar everytime it looks hungry since they are always hungry limit the food lol because trust me that little guy will always want more!

Just what I needed!!! So how is this, pellets as the staple 3 times a day, then frozen bloodworms every otherday taking 1 pellet meal out and on one day he will get to hunt fry through the day?

Edit, then im gonna buy wigglers and brine shrimp along with bulk orders of ghost shrimp and freeze them

That sounds good to me then skip one day so he can digest haha but how many fry are there jw and do you intend on any type of tankmate or are you just going to keep the solo Oscar?

That sounds good to me then skip one day so he can digest haha but how many fry are there jw and do you intend on any type of tankmate or are you just going to keep the solo Oscar?

Bro I have countless fry haha mollys produce like rabbits. I'm indecisive about a tank mate at the moment but I may look at a nice feather fin

That would look good I really like my featherfin and yah man mollies produce like crazy.

Beautiful fish! I had one similar to him but had to take him back. BEAUTIFUL!

That would look good I really like my featherfin and yah man mollies produce like crazy.
Yeah I think I'm gonna go with one in a few weeks, I'm battling the cycle after adding my seeded media in. Double dosing prime as well. 1 full dose every 12 hours to keep the ammo and trites non toxic for my buddy while I wait 24h for each 50% wc.
Beautiful fish! I had one similar to him but had to take him back. BEAUTIFUL!

Thank you! I love him!!!

Forgot to ask, would a 4-5 degree water temp difference affect him? Tank temp is 76.6 and tap temp is 71.8-72 degrees

No it won't the heater will heat it up quick anyway.

It took a few hours last night to reach 76

Edit* your right. It shouldn't drop below 74.2 and he isn't stressing at all. Just hiding because I have the hose out, I guess he doesn't wanna get wet. Haha

Edit x2* it reached 74.2!!!

You should be just fine as long as the little guy doesn't look stressed you are fine.

Back
Top Bottom