New fish, I wanted to show off!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After looking at your Oscar it makes me really want another lol it sucks I go to college in August. Or else I would definitely be getting an albino Oscar I just haven't had the time to set up a new tank lol.

After looking at your Oscar it makes me really want another lol it sucks I go to college in August. Or else I would definitely be getting an albino Oscar I just haven't had the time to set up a new tank lol.

Take a tank with you!!!

Okay so it seems he doesn't want pellets. He just spits em back out if he does take em. Maybe because they are floating pellets?

My Oscar took forever to eat floating ones the sinking ones work much better IMO.

Okay so I did a 100% wc yesterday detested and trites were down to .50 did another 50% wc today because trites were way off the charts and here is the results after those wc's. Now will the prime actually keep those safe for him while its wrapping up the cycle?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140224_215528.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140224_215528.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 102
So I'm placing an order for,

1000- ghost shrimp
500- red wigglers
Also picking up blood worms that are frozen. I have a plan to get him to eat pellets since that's gonna be his main diet. What else would be good to feed?

Peas. Love your Oscar by the way. I remember my babay albino. Now he's 11 inches. Haha!

Peas. Love your Oscar by the way. I remember my babay albino. Now he's 11 inches. Haha!

Thanks, ill add those to his diet if he is willing to eat some.

Todays parameters are,

Ammo- .50ppm
Nitrite- 2.0ppm
Nitrate- 10ppm

I did a 100% wc yesterday as well and redosed prime. I also added the seeded media and its stalling at these numbers. Any advice here?

Thanks, ill add those to his diet if he is willing to eat some. Todays parameters are, Ammo- .50ppm Nitrite- 2.0ppm Nitrate- 10ppm I did a 100% wc yesterday as well and redosed prime. I also added the seeded media and its stalling at these numbers. Any advice here?
that nitrite is way high! I'd do a couple 50% to get it down to .25 if possible.. How'd you go about a 100% change?

that nitrite is way high! I'd do a couple 50% to get it down to .25 if possible.. How'd you go about a 100% change?

I removed fluffy, scooter the sand away from a side and took all water out. An hour after that trites were at .50ppm. 17 hours later they are at 2ppm with 10ppm of nitrates

Edit. I am dosing prime to keep the trites non-toxic every 12 hours

That's crazy! In a 75 gal?! Fluffy must be a doodoo factory!!

No he isn't, its because my tap water has 2ppm ammo and it keeps converting slowly to nitrites and I think that is stalling my cycle because I have to do a wc every 24 hours. Oh god my water bill is gonna be high!!!

No he isn't, its because my tap water has 2ppm ammo and it keeps converting slowly to nitrites and I think that is stalling my cycle because I have to do a wc every 24 hours. Oh god my water bill is gonna be high!!!
I see your problem.. My tap has a similar kind if issue.. Prime was my savior. And my Lfs's chuck Norris bb! I guess patience is the game here.. I'd still try and stay ahead of those trites if possible..

I see your problem.. My tap has a similar kind if issue.. Prime was my savior. And my Lfs's chuck Norris bb! I guess patience is the game here.. I'd still try and stay ahead of those trites if possible..

I may just call one of my lfs and ask for seeded media. I dont like this store but its better then nothing. I'll examine the tanks before hand for and kind of parasites or diseases

I may just call one of my lfs and ask for seeded media. I dont like this store but its better then nothing. I'll examine the tanks before hand for and kind of parasites or diseases
if they are any kind of decent fish store they should be happy to squeeze out a sponge for you..

if they are any kind of decent fish store they should be happy to squeeze out a sponge for you..

He said no, he said they sell a bottle of nutrifying bacteria that's 20$ and its supposedly really good if there is no chlorine or chloramines in the water

Back
Top Bottom