new fish woes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mebbid

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been waiting for -literally- months for pet smart to get oto cats and the store FINALLY got them in. I ended up buying 6 of them yesterday to put in my 2 different tanks. Well 3 of them died overnight. I took them back today to get 3 more and when I got back from work two were almost dead which I euthanized and just now a sixth died while I was watching it. They looked okay in the store but it's hard to get a good look at tiny fish in a tank, when I got them home they were kind of rough looking.

Has anyone else had issues with the oto cats at pet smart or is it just me?

I guess in the future I will just pay 2x - 3x the price to have the two privately owned pet stores in my town get them for me.

I have been waiting for -literally- months for pet smart to get oto cats and the store FINALLY got them in. I ended up buying 6 of them yesterday to put in my 2 different tanks. Well 3 of them died overnight. I took them back today to get 3 more and when I got back from work two were almost dead which I euthanized and just now a sixth died while I was watching it. They looked okay in the store but it's hard to get a good look at tiny fish in a tank, when I got them home they were kind of rough looking.

Has anyone else had issues with the oto cats at pet smart or is it just me?

I guess in the future I will just pay 2x - 3x the price to have the two privately owned pet stores in my town get them for me.

I was just at petsmart this week when the shipment came in a lot of the fish had bacterial grossness and alot of this weeks shipment died...I like to be there when they get the Shipment to see that kind of stuff they can't hide...and all of persmart fish go to a central location then shipped out....u may have gotten a bad batch....I got tetras ..the black neon and the red minor yesterday. I'm hoping they do ok. ...

Back
Top Bottom