New Fuzzy Dwarf Lion diet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquariumAddiction

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently added a Dwarf Fuzzy Lionfish to my established tank. This tank if FOWLR (lots of live rock). Lots of hiding places. Any suggestions on getting the Lionfish to eat? LFS diet consisted of glass shrimp but I am afraid if I drop a couple of those in the tank, Lion will never find them. All ideas are welcomed!

He will find them dont worry about that. One thing that worked for me is whole frozen krill. Between the live shrimps and the whole krill it was easy to get mine to eat any frozen foods.

mine didnt eat for a week.i bought some silversides and put a stick thru it and he ate it all in one bite.then he ate again 3 days later.

Found some ghost shrimp at LFS. Dropped 2 in the tank and he found them in like 2 minutes. everyone is happy now. Thanks for the help.

Are you enjoying your fuzzy lion? I have deeply considered one, I just want something that will fascinate people when they see the tank!

Easton33 said:
Are you enjoying your fuzzy lion? I have deeply considered one, I just want something that will fascinate people when they see the tank!

Dwarf fuzzy lions are awesome fish. Very unique looking for sure. However, they are not swimmers and may not give you the "wow" factor you are looking for. There is always the BA factor that some people like to brag about haha.

This is my antenata lion. Like the OP I have had worries about getting him to eat. But he came around. I am glad you got him to eat and only hope the best for your fuzzy! :)

We just use a planting tool and target feed her so we know how much she getting. Just in case she doesn't find it and the ghost shrimp dies. We are having a very difficult time getting her to switch to prepared foods. All she will eat is live ghost shrimp :)

Back
Top Bottom