New guppy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish king

Aquarium Advice Freak
This must be hard to find i never seen this strainImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414980194.823335.jpg before

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

The pet store could have sold that for a extra buck or two if the even saw it in time

I used to have a small population of guppies like that but the tank went south after I got some new guppies.

Cobra guppies! One of my favorites

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes ... Our big LFS has them, as does our PetSmart. Maybe different regions have different stock.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

My LFS has a lot of those, and the lyretails, that's about all that they get shipped in

Does this one of mine look a bit like yours but with a spadetail instead of a large tail? This one is a tuxedo cobra spadetail...

Attachments

• fish stan ea5 062.jpg
    fish stan ea5 062.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 59
Yeah I have 3 adults. 2f one m and then one fry that definitely got the cobra pattern :) they are one of my favorite variations

Where I'm at I don't ever see that pattern

If you love cobra patterns.... what do think of this one?
It's a red cobra moscow blue...

Attachments

• ea gup18 dglz.jpg
    ea gup18 dglz.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 62
  • ea gup17 dglz.jpg
    ea gup17 dglz.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 59
That is a nice looking one

Beautiful long dorsal, huh... It was one of the entries at a livebearer show in Germany this past September. I was a juror overthere.

Nice! The blue is awesome!! I've only really seen the orange/red variations

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415060672.353227.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415060687.495886.jpg

So hard to get good pics!! The first one is my male. He has the slight indent in his tail. Not lyretail but I forget the name for the tail shape. The second pic is the male in the front then one of my girls in the back.

The males tail is massive! And super bright in person too! The photos don't do justice! I have a second black/yellow cobra female and I also have a red cobra female in there too

If I have a colorful female that the male won't touch what do I do to push them to breed with them

I'm not really too sure. I just let them do their thing. I don't try to breed certain ones

Back
Top Bottom