new here have questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deathfromabove

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hello everyone, im new ive been thinking about getting a saltwater tank for about 8 months now and have done ALOT of research. i dont really want to spend alot of money since its my first time ever having fish, but it seems the cheapest way to go and get the best first experience out of it is to go with a 29 gallon bio cube, theres a LFS near by that has them on sale for $280. does anyone know if they are good tanks and are low to maintain. i was thinking about getting a 14 but i thought what if everything goes horribly right and the tank turns out to be to small and i end up with the 29 anyway. also can i have a anemones with dead rock and just a couple pounds of live rock? and would a dwrf lion eat a gobbie or a jawfish?

Welcome to AA. Good luck with your endeavor. As for tank size the bigger you go it is more forgiving with water paameters and little mistakes you might make here and there. I would go as big as your budget would allow. And also rule of thumb for lion fish. If it fits in there mouth it wont last in your tank. Go slow with anenomes. Very hard to care for.

The biocubes stock lighting won't support with an anemone, added you should wait for about a year before you'd add one. They need established systems to thrive in.

The dead rock/live rock sounds good because it will all eventually become "live"

As far as maintenance it's the same as any other tank, just that everything is all together in one instead of seperate parts.

And for the lion, yeah, most likely he will if he gets the chance

Deciding on the fish you want will depend on what size tank you need and how it is set up. Lion fish hide a lot to from the research I have done, I keep seeing them and wanting one.

Back
Top Bottom