New Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Taneous18

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Im new to the whole aquarium thing. Pretty ignorant to allot lol. .

Me and my girlfriend have a 10 gallon tank with fake plants and a few fish, couple bottom feeders and a few mid to surface swimmers. All are community fish and are compatible. I do have a small angle fish and he is now swimming with his head pointed up.....not all the way but alarming to me. He is fairly new to the tank..... little worried, what would you recommend?

Thanks, and again im new and learning.

His fins looked to be covered in dust.....thats the best way i can describe it.....guessing this is a fungus of some sort......alos seeing white spots on and around the fins.......thinking ich.....if this is the case hwat is the propper way of treating? I have researched a little.....but still a little lost....

Thanks.

Do you have an oxygen pump? Is he pecking at the surface like hes trying to breathe? Angle fish are pretty changeling to take care of for beginners, at least IMO. Do you have a water testing kit to see if stuff like Ammonia, Nitrites and Nitrates are at safe levels?

I have a filter, that acts like an oxygen pump, none of my other fish are having problems and the no i do not have a test kit.

It dose sound like ich if there are little white christal things on the side of your fish. I don't honestly know too much of fish sicknesses or their treatments.

He isn't going to make it. he is laying on the bottom on his side.

Didnt catch it soon enough. Noticed it before going to work day, he ate ok tonight even though he was swimming odd and then went down hill fast. Thanks for the help Lawngnome.

Just gonna keep an eye on the other fish.

Well, I'm sorry to hear that and sorry I could not be more help. Definitely keep an eye on the others though.

Sorry to hear about your fish.

I highly recommend you to purchase an API master test kit (liquid), and start to measure the quality of the water in your tank, meaning Ammonia , Nitrites, and Nitrates. Please read the thread in this forum called " Fishless cycle for dummies" here you will learn the Nitrogen cycle.

Two more suggestions, first, a 10G tank is to small for an Angelfish, let us know how many and what kind of fish do you have in your tank to give you a better advice, second, if the Angel in fact has Ich, there is a big probability that the other fish will be infected too.

Do you have a heater?, what temperature do you have in your tank? How often do you do Partial Water Changes (PWC)?

I know he is to large but at the time he wasn't and planned on transferring him shortly. Yes i have heater and my tank runs between 74 and 76. I have a molly, loach, guppy, cory cat, silver hatchet, and a African dwarf frog. I know it seems like allot but the tank is not that crowded and i have had these fish for several months now, no problems.

Back
Top Bottom