new here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shark22

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Here are two of my family members..I've been set up for about two months and my nitrite and amonia are off the charts..I have some rare angel fish that I'm in love with and can't watch them die of poisoning..the lady at the local petstore is wonderfully smart about this and she said its common in new tanks..don't feed to much..and sit it out and wait for it to drop...is there anything else I can do to help get the nitrite right????

ForumRunner_20111119_202620.jpg

ForumRunner_20111119_202650.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111119_202738.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111119_202738.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 73
you are in the middle of a nitrogen cycle, you need to get a liquid test kit ASAP(if u dont have one already) and do water changes to keep your nitrate and ammonia below .25 ppm

and welcome to the site!

Ummm no! Give that tank a pwc (partial water change) ASAP! The tank is going through the nitrogen cycle and the ammonia and nitrite are horrible for the fish! What type of tests are you using? Or are you having the pet store test it?

Beautiful fish, I am kinda new myself experienced this not long ago. I now have zero amonia and nitrite is dropping. I had gravel from my old tank which helped a bit. I am doing regular partial water changes and monitoring the levels
Until they are zero. It may take some time but they will drop.

Back
Top Bottom