New idea for my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
So... I was thinking and I wanted all my friends input and we can be honest and as brutal as we wanna be. My thread... No rules lol J/K sorta.

I wanna do ALL rock. Toss all the Cichlid stones and all the driftwood and just do all the same color rocks. Stack the high on each side coming down lower in the center and leaving the front open for free swim.

What does everyone think?

You all know what it looks like now, so I was thinking a light grey rock and with the black sand I'm thinking it would really make the tank pop!

Just a thought I've been toying with. I have a stone and rock mill right near me, guy says sky's the limit. Whatever I want free...

If we are being honest I think the only thing missing is multi-colored gravel! It's way to busy like a hodge podge of different things thown in together. The rock only is much cleaner and better looking in my humble opinion. Here is one of mine from a couple of years ago, there are more in my albums.

27198-albums2128-picture14135.jpg

HUKIT said:
If we are being honest I think the only thing missing is multi-colored gravel! It's way to busy like a hodge podge of different things thown in together. The rock only is much cleaner and better looking in my humble opinion. Here is one of mine from a couple of years ago, there are more in my albums.

See I like that look and I like the color of the stone. My only thing is this...

I feel my tank is unique and I just don't want to follow along and have another all stone setup BUT I do really like it and I think the colors of the fish might stand out more. It seems dull right now maybe too dark of that makes sense?

Don't touch it, just enjoy it - hardest thing to do is just leave it alone. Get another tank and experiment on it, I've one tank I just change around evey few weeks, it helps me keep my hands out of my main tank.

Billbug68 said:
IMO, your only solution is to start another tank... (y)

My thoughts exactly, you just need to get another tank, maybe a 6 ft one? I'm sure your wife really wants you to have another.

Ok! Gonna talk to the wife tonight about another tank. A bigger one!!!

Gonna leave this one one. New tank is gonna be sick of she lets me get one. This one may cost me ALOT!! lol I can see it now. Shoes, boots, jacket and a winter purse! Never knew there was such a thing! Spring purse, summer purse etc etc.

Billbug68 said:
I wish I made the money you do convict... Haha

Believe me, I'm not rich lol. The wife "thinks" I am but I'm not.

One day I'll win the lotto and I'll share some with all my AA friends on one condition....

Nobody show me up on the tanks lol :)

Convict2161 said:
Believe me, I'm not rich lol. The wife "thinks" I am but I'm not.

One day I'll win the lotto and I'll share some with all my AA friends on one condition....

Nobody show me up on the tanks lol :)

That's going to be hard to do lol :)

Edit : it should have had a not in there ;) j/k

I think it'd be really cool if you modeled your new tank off the lake you pick, I'm always partial to tangs though cause they look the most like south americans hehe

Freakgecko91 said:
I think it'd be really cool if you modeled your new tank off the lake you pick, I'm always partial to tangs though cause they look the most like south americans hehe

I have an idea... I love LOVE this vid.

Convict2161 said:
I have an idea... I love LOVE this vid.

Cool vid. I wonder what size tank that was. I would have to add dw. There is just something I really like about it. But to go authentic, pictures I have seen of Malawi don't show a lot of anything but sand, rocks, and fish.

Crawdaddy said:
Cool vid. I wonder what size tank that was. I would have to add dw. There is just something I really like about it. But to go authentic, pictures I have seen of Malawi don't show a lot of anything but sand, rocks, and fish.

Yea that's just it. I love the look of driftwood in tanks IF done right it can make or break the tank IMO.

Convict2161 said:
Yea that's just it. I love the look of driftwood in tanks IF done right it can make or break the tank IMO.

Yup. When I did some rescaping, I wanted to replace my piece, but the wife really likes it. I wanted smaller branches in kind of a ball? But she didn't. I think the one piece I have is just to big. I have to keep her happy so when I eventually buy our new place, I can put a monster tank in.

Crawdaddy said:
Yup. When I did some rescaping, I wanted to replace my piece, but the wife really likes it. I wanted smaller branches in kind of a ball? But she didn't. I think the one piece I have is just to big. I have to keep her happy so when I eventually buy our new place, I can put a monster tank in.

Good call! Yeah... I'm gonna keep my tank as is. The new tank IF I can get I'll do different.

So for now... It's this.

image-3762968566.jpg

Back
Top Bottom