New leather, problem with rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarred Darque

Aquarium Advice FINatic
OK, I picke dup a medium leather today, problem is, is that the rock that the stalk is attatched two is actually two rocks...or one rock but broken in two I think..didnt realize this before. This is causin problems with placement becuase it tends to want to fold up with the leather in the middle (not good huh?) during the day, this isnt much of a problem, the coral is a bit stiffer, but he seems to get a bit softer after the lights are out, and the rocks start to fold together...

Anyways, basically, is there any way to silicone the two pei es of rock back together or how should I proceed from this point? Thanks

I also agree that a marine epoxy will work. Try some super glue gel would help also.

OK, last quistion for now on this leather and the polyps I picked up, how long should i expect them to take to open up? the leather looked like it was starting to open up the first day, a small amount of the little arm things where comin out, nothing though on the second day. And some of the smaller polyps on the other piece have opened up, but none of the larger, at least not yet.

They can take up to a week or two before you see any activity as far as polyp extension is concerned. The more you mess with the coral the more likely it will remain agitated. One last thought, depending on the sp., don't be surprised if it sheds before any real polyp extension is observed.

It can take from the same day to a week. Have you checked your water to make sure of good water parameters.

Leathers can be picky. Like the others said, it can be a day to a week or two before it'll pick up. Leathers are weird in that they shed quite often and look near dead sometimes, but it's just normal and nothing to worry about. It will very likely shed before it expands completely.

Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom