New LED lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kristyreef

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

I order some LED lights for my cube fish tank 300Ltrs - AQUA ONE - AQUAREEF 275

I have been using the standard tube aquaone blue and white lights that came with the tank.

I bought 3w LED (4 lots of 12). The have the blue dimmer and then a separate dimmer for the white, warm white, green and red.

I am not sure of how bright to have them turned up and how much blue to have on. - my LED didn't come with instructions

I have a magnifica anemone and a rose tip anemone, an elegance coral Plus a few clowns and one Kole Tang

The magnifca is loving the light but since having the led on the rosetip has moved to a darker spot (it's been settled in one spot for a month until now).

Please help me adjust lighting to keep my reef happy. :) thank you.

*The pic of the led lights is a temporary set up - my husband is connecting to hang off the roof tonight.

Attachments

• image-3785900001.jpg
    image-3785900001.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 89
  • image-919090606.jpg
    image-919090606.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 93
I don't think folks can answer that question. You'll have to pay attention to your corals and anemones and turn it up or down according to how they behave. Some things will take longer to acclimate than others. If corals get dull or brown out, you don't have it up enough. If they bleach white, it's too much too soon.

I had to turn down both whites and blues because my corals were bleaching. Even the blue that didn't look bright to the eye was powerful enough to bleach.

Ok thanks. I'll just start off low and gradually turn it up. My rosetip has remained in the same spot more hidden but still seems to be nice and healthy. So I'll just experiment for a few weeks.

Attachments

• image-3628076954.jpg
    image-3628076954.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 76
Back
Top Bottom