new lights comming in tommorow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

choupic

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok first I have a 55 gallon tank. I have some nova t5 lights 216 watt comming in tommorow. Should I look to buy some egg creates for the gaps or leave the top open.

Whats in my tank
2 perc Clownfish
1 Three Stripe Damselfish
1 Blue Damselfish
3 mexi hermits
1 Serpent Sea Star
10 turbo snails
10 blue leg hermits
1 cleaner shrimp
5 pepermint shrimp
1 Lettuce Nudibranch
1 Orange Linkia Starfish
3 emerald crabs
1 sally crab

Congrats on the lights, I love mine. From your list, it doesn't look like you have any "jumpers". When you replace your lighting, watch your temp and pH. My temp dropped, a little and my pH bumped up a little. I think it is now sitting at 8.2-8.3. Be ready for a lot more evaporation. I think you will be pleased with your new lights!

PS,
you can put all this in your "my info":
2 perc Clownfish
1 Three Stripe Damselfish
1 Blue Damselfish
3 mexi hermits
1 Serpent Sea Star
10 turbo snails
10 blue leg hermits
1 cleaner shrimp
5 pepermint shrimp
1 Lettuce Nudibranch
1 Orange Linkia Starfish
3 emerald crabs
1 sally crab

I have a blue licknia star and he every once in a while will stick a leg out but never comes out. I have never heard of one coming all the way out but maybe someone else has.

img_655587_0_d8c98b3277a2d376d92051be9bd357da.jpg

Here he is.

I thought air contact would kill a starfish....

Some are more sensitive than others. I believe, if you take them fully out of the water, it could cause problems.....Just think of all the starfish I picked up, out of the ocean, as a kid...poor guys! Some live in very shallow water and can survive low tides and such....

Some stars would be OK but some will not make it if you took the whole thing out of the water. The Licknia being one of them.

Back
Top Bottom