new live rock gold mine (56K warning lots o pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brian Vartanian

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i found a lot of things i dont know what they are. i know the first 2 are corals i just dont know what kind, are they doing ok in my minimal lighting they seem to be, they sure opened up. the 3rd is looks like some kind of shell, sorry its blurry, its quite hard and i think there is a second one somewhere, the 4th is like a white looking clam, idk wat in the world it is, it was up earlier and then fell below, and its clinging on agian. ( i also found some things i cant find anymore, some sort of slug, looks like a snail that needs a shell, a strange oval starfish thing, an some kind of eggsact clear, with green eggs.

152596161.jpg

152596176.jpg

152596198.jpg

152598474.jpg

Your corals look like zoo polyps. The third pic looks like a tiny turkey wing clam, the bottom pic I can't tell. If it is sedentary, it's possibly a sponge. The snail without a shell you are talking about is a great algae grazer, stometella varia, not sure on the starfish, the egg sack sounds like a ball sponge. HTH

ok after i finish finding the rest of the aptasia and getting with the amazing joes juice 8) , how should i go about feeding them so they reproduce, they are a colony polyp right?

There's nothing you need to do for them. Zoos are pretty hardy and should get what they need from regular water changes and lighting. They can also snatch feed from the water column when you feed your fish.

Back
Top Bottom