New Live Rocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KenK

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just received my order of live rocks from liverocks.com and I couldn't be happier. I got 25 lbs for Keys rock. First of all it is absolutely pretty rock. In the bottom of the box were 4 little star fish and about 4 or 5 little crabs.. I lost count. Only one crab looks like it will not make it. I have had it the tank for about 2 hours and we are spotting a lot of new and different lifeforms. Thank You liverocks.com.

It is great stuff. Post some pics if you get a chance. Have fun discovering!

KenK said:
I just received my order of live rocks from liverocks.com and I couldn't be happier. I got 25 lbs for Keys rock. First of all it is absolutely pretty rock. In the bottom of the box were 4 little star fish and about 4 or 5 little crabs.. I lost count. Only one crab looks like it will not make it. I have had it the tank for about 2 hours and we are spotting a lot of new and different lifeforms. Thank You liverocks.com.

Just be careful with those crabs...some (many) are opportunistic and will eat fish and other animals. I've spent quite a bit of time trapping several crabs that came with our live rock about a year ago...I thought we had perhaps 4-5 but turns out in 60 lbs we probably had more like 10-15. Fortunately many of them are porcelein crabs, which are fine and neat to watch...

But setting that aside, I'm sure you are going to love watching your rocks!

Sweet, glad your excited about it. Outstanding product by an outstanding company.

KenK said:

You think you've seen a lot in 2 hours, wait for a few days to go by! Just watch for any possible spike from any die off from squashed critters, etc., over the next few days. I had a nitrite high of .3 after adding the rock, which was gone in a couple of days. I just did extra water changes and added a little bit of Prime (not sure of this, but I was worried).

Good Luck

7 weeks have gone by and I am still finding new things!

This week I saw for the first time:

1. Aiptasia eating Nudibranch
2. Anenome Crab
3. Pistol Shrimp (I've heard him...but did not see him until this week).

Just when you think you have seen everything..something new pops up. Liverocks.com is just great!

WC

Back
Top Bottom