New Mantis Addition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He/She is only about 6-7 inches long. Very inquisitive. I love the coloration. I had the LFS order it and they were keeping it in one of those plastic bug keeper bins in the tank where they keep their starfish, tube worms, snails, shrimp, etc. Evidently last night it broke out of the bin and feasted. The store owner thinks he lost about $500 worth of stock.

Starchar said:
He/She is only about 6-7 inches long. Very inquisitive. I love the coloration. I had the LFS order it and they were keeping it in one of those plastic bug keeper bins in the tank where they keep their starfish, tube worms, snails, shrimp, etc. Evidently last night it broke out of the bin and feasted. The store owner thinks he lost about $500 worth of stock.

That's an awesome story. I wish they had it on video. My lfs had an octopus do the exact same thing. It was in the critter box too. And 6-7" is huge!

Ya that is sad/ crazy story. I feel bad for the store owner and all the shrinp and inverts the matis killed :( must be a good one though!

Thanks. I have him right now in my CAD tank which has very thick glass. I am going to make a custom tank for him though. Hope to be starting it soon.

Back
Top Bottom