New planted tank courtesy of GlitcH! (with pics of course)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What kind of light conditions dose glosso require? I really like it. But right now all I have is about 2 wpg in a ten gallon tank.

I'd say your in for quite the trimming. I loathe those days when I wait too long and then am stuck spending 3 hours with prune-like hands afterwards!

Thanks for the offer but I want to see if the barbs will stop picking on the plant. If they do and I cannot grow enough to fill in an area of the tank then I'll be in touch, if they don't I'm just going to let them eat it and then chalk that up to one plant I just can't have.

Right now they are basically doing my trimming for me. :) As for the glosso I'm having mixed growing results. I've got some odd deficiency or algae-like symptoms, they seem to be definately growing upwards somewhat, but I cannot tell if this is from being nipped here and there and then being lifted into the water column. I'm wondering if my PFS just doesn't have the nutrients the glosso requires, regardless of what is in the water column.

GlitcH said:
PFS is PFS right.......I'm growing mine in PFS.

Then I just don't know what is going on. My other plants seem to be doing fine, my moneywort (HC?) has an odd deficiency where the veins are green but the rest of the plant is yellow. None of those symptoms make sense because of my dosing schedule.

I swear I have some GH issue where its all calcium or magnesium, because the rest of my ferts and traces are accounted for in excess. My GH is 10 btw.

7Enigma said:
I swear I have some GH issue where its all calcium or magnesium, because the rest of my ferts and traces are accounted for in excess. My GH is 10 btw.

You would not be the first person who has had the same problem with their water. If you add GH booster or Seachem Equilibrium and the plants take off, then you have solved that problem. If it is just a Mg++ problem, then you can add epsom salts to increase the Mg++.

Back
Top Bottom