New plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ry4n7

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How soon after adding plants can you trim bad leaves? I added a few plants yesterday and already some of the leaves aren't looking good.

If they're yellow or brown trim them now so the plant doesn't waste energy trying to feed them. If they're melting, you can trim or not-- some do, I don't. If they're just starting to look bad on the edges, I'd give them a few days to see if they perk up, honestly. Being replanted is stressful.

If they're yellow or brown trim them now so the plant doesn't waste energy trying to feed them. If they're melting, you can trim or not-- some do, I don't. If they're just starting to look bad on the edges, I'd give them a few days to see if they perk up, honestly. Being replanted is stressful.
OK I'll give it a few days, thank you. [emoji1303]

Damaged leaves will not recover, generally it's best to trim them off to remove organic material rotting in the tank.

Damaged leaves will not recover, generally it's best to trim them off to remove organic material rotting in the tank.
When I cut the bad leaves off the stem plants will they grow back in the same place or will that just become more bare stem area?

Back
Top Bottom