New Red Blood Cichlid Need Advise Plz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GreyLightWarrior13

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My boyfriend recently bought me a juvinille. For now im going to house him/her in a 10 gallon tank by its self. Im curious, why is it staying in the corners and not swimming around as much? I put pellets on the 24th and none have been eaten. I did see it peck at the substrate a fee times. And the other thing when it sits in the corner, it somestimes lays there motionless but still breathing. I aquired it tuesday 4/23/2013...

Im new to cichids but have been fish keeping for over 6+ years. I kno they are man made, have mouth deformities, size ect... I bought API cichlid food and made sure it has peas to add roughage and to prevent any probloms with the swim bladder... Plz i would like some advise.

I have a picture of it in my profile in case u need to look at it.

Thanks <3

Red Blood Parrots shouldn't ever be kept in a tank that small. Probably stressed from not having room to swim. Buy at least a 40 gallon for him.

:welcome: to the forum!

Do you test your water parameters? Do you condition your water before you add it to the tank? And, As stated above, Red Blood Parrots do not go in 10 gallon tanks.

We are here to help, so you've come to the right place!

Back
Top Bottom