new remora aquac

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattmku

Aquarium Advice Freak
got a new remore aquac for christmas. I got it running and i just have a few questions. How long until it will start effectively skimming? Will the microbubbles really disappear? Is it ok to just run the skimmer during the day and turn it off at night? (I sleep in the same room)

Most skimmers have a break-in period of a couple days to a couple of weeks. They need to build up a little skum on the inside. The microbubbles should go away if you have it adjusted right. Also some skimmers have a problem with microbubbles and overflowing if you use a slime producing additive to your tank. They recommend using Prime instead because it helps slime layer without causing problems with the skimmer. Says so right on the bottle. It shouldn't hurt to turn it on and off whenever you want. You could even put it on a timer. Alot of people only run it a few times a week but it's better if you run it constantly from a water quality point of view. Mine is not loud so I don't understand the need to turn it off at night but it's up to you and your skimmer. Good luck and be patient.

thanks for the info. What settings can be changed to reduce the microbubbles. the only variable setting I can think of is the hight of the collection cup. The instuctions say the spry nozzel is pre-calibrated and i'm pretty sure i'm not qualified enough to mess with that.

The air intake for the PH or whatever device is powering the skimmer.... adjusting this will affect the micro bubbles....... the break in might also rid the problem...

the instructions said not to install the air intake part on the powerhead

The AquaC Remora requires no adjustments. Just set the collection cup to your liking, and plug it in.

You are correct in not using the air intake on the PH. It's not required.

It took mine 3-4 days to produce skim, and about 2 weeks for the micobubbles to disappear. It's now in my sump so I don't care about the bubbles, but be patient with it for a couple weeks.

Back
Top Bottom