New Rodactis -- Need Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveMc

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just received 5 new rodactis mushrooms from saltwaterfish.com today. None of them are on rocks and if I put them in my tank they are gonna fly everywhere.

Would it be safe to put them in my HOB fuge with some rock rubble to see if they will attach so I can put them in the tank itself?????

Yeah, that would work actually. But even once attached, if they don't like the spot they are put in once on your rubble they can simply let go and do their thing. That is how I got mushrooms spread around my tank...just know where your low flow spots are. It is easy to figure out after time...mine is where there are orange bam bams and a superman mushroom are growing.

Yeah, that would work actually. But even once attached, if they don't like the spot they are put in once on your rubble they can simply let go and do their thing. That is how I got mushrooms spread around my tank...just know where your low flow spots are. It is easy to figure out after time...mine is where there are orange bam bams and a superman mushroom are growing.

thanks Sniper...will give it a go and see what happens. I cleaned the HOB fuge and took out some of the chaeto.

Should I just the blue lights for now on the fuge?

Somebody gave me an infestated rock, there was some beautifull mushs on it, so I cuted the mushs in 8 parts, put them in my main in a little plastic container with crushed rocks in it covered by a cut piece of "woman collants"

By woman collans I mean that:
576258-0014_1

But I'm sure with any kind of netting or screen this should work. Waited two weeks, the mushs attached to the crushed rocks, then I glued thoses tiny rocks with mushs attached to a bigger one. The result is awesome, I didn't contaminated the tank, trashed the infested rock, and keeped thoses mushs.

Just wait for a confirmation if thoses mushs can be cutted like I did, or you could just do the same tricks, without cutting the mushs. They'll attach.

Thanks mrvincent! So far one or two have attached in the fuge so gonna move them probably tomorrow. The others haven't so I am thinking about taking the rubble and putting them all in a separate chamber of the fuge so they don't have a way to touch the bottom and let them go from there.

I love your idea. I am gonna try this as well in the future. Having a HOB fuge is little of a pain when trying to do this as it is a little hard to get to the back of the tank to get them out lol.

When you're talking about "fuge", you mean a place where you put cheato algae with a bad light spectrum ?

I think mushs need light to attach. I'll show you a picture of what I did... I need to find it...

Found few pictures;

The first picture is old, so not so much corals... But you can see the plastic container covered by the woman socks on bottom right.
411930IMG2364.jpg

Then as you can see, after two weeks, I glued the smalls frags to a bigger rubble rock frag, you can see new rock (white) versus the brownish color of the two weeks cooked pieces of rocks:
265121IMG2599.jpg

To make thoses tiny bits of rocks, I used hammer and rubble rock (with googles to prevent any damage to my eyes hehe) I recommand doing this step outside on the tarmac.

Put them back to the main;
456895IMG2893.jpg

After 1-2 months, you can get awesome result like what I got:
732157IMG2916.jpg

I stored the remaining pieces of rubble rock non used by mushs for eventual uses.

Back
Top Bottom