New T5HOs for my planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fedex3d

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just got my new lights from fishneedit.com & love them!! Running a 10K & a 6.5K in each of the 36" fixtures. They look great !!

ForumRunner_20120930_213326.jpg

ForumRunner_20120930_213344.jpg

ForumRunner_20120930_213403.jpg

Yes !!! Was running the Aqueon stock lights that came with it so this is sooooooo much better !!! Hope the plants like it ??

ejaramillo01 said:
Really cool, your plants will like it, you should see a big difference in grow.

Yes I can see the fish so much better now & figure the plants should really take off now. And they look so much cooler than the other lights lol

I just got plants for my 29g tank this week. I still have the lighting fixture that came with the tank. Now looking to upgrade to the t5 fixture. What I don't understand is with the fixture raised up like that is there any cover over the water or is it just left open?

AmberW said:
I just got plants for my 29g tank this week. I still have the lighting fixture that came with the tank. Now looking to upgrade to the t5 fixture. What I don't understand is with the fixture raised up like that is there any cover over the water or is it just left open?

No its not open, you need a glass canopy over the top if you don't have one already.

Or you can do it open top. Depending on what fish you have, you may occasionally have some jumpers, but it's never been a problem for me.

I don't have covers on any of my tanks and have never had an issue with jumpers.

Ive had 1 or 2 jump out in the past & keep a glass top on now just in case.

ejaramillo01 said:
Me too, I had purple passion danios that jumped in the past.

Yea it's kinda sad to come home & find one stuck to the carpet :(

Back
Top Bottom