new tank fish-in cycling levels question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pkpxavier

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Howdy...been lurking for a few weeks now and have a question about my levels today.

Ph :7.4
Am:0
Nitrite:0
Nitrate :20

Tank is a 46 gal hex...AC70 filter

Currently have 5 zebra Danios

This tank has been up for a week. What should I do with these results....
Pkp

I would just do weekly pwc if it were me. Although I went about a month when I first set up my new tank. I did test religiously tho.

Howdy...been lurking for a few weeks now and have a question about my levels today.

Ph :7.4
Am:0
Nitrite:0
Nitrate :20

Tank is a 46 gal hex...AC70 filter

Currently have 5 zebra Danios

This tank has been up for a week. What should I do with these results....
Pkp

have you added any seeded media? What have your previous tests shown.. It seems really strange you would have 0 showing up for Am and Nitrite at this stage in the game. When you do your nitrite test are you really shaking the bottle? Try giving it a few good smacks on a table before doing the test and really shake and them wait when you do it. Sometimes stuff will crystallize in the bottom of the bottle for nitrite and give you false readings.

45 gallons is a lot of water for only five Danios, it could take a bit before you see any toxin build up. Maintain a weekly water change schedule of 50%. Test daily and let your test results determine if you need to do a water change right then. On any given day if your test require a water change be sure to test again later that day to make sure things don't get out of hand.

ok so todays test.....

pH: 7.6
AM:.125
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 20

the city water nitrate tested @ 10 and 0 for AM.

I thought it was strange for these readings as well...thus why I registered and asked the question.

I have no seeded media..substrate is sand and some gravel...I did place a few bulbs for plants to start growing...but havent seen anything yet from these guys.

confused....should I go get more danio's to help out with the buildup? if so how many?

Thanks
Pk

today...pH was 8.0
Am .25
Nitrite 0
nitrate 20

Did a 25% wc....what do yall suggest now?

I would only get more danios if u want to. I think u could add more tho. Just keep up w pwc and tests. Looks good for now.

Back
Top Bottom