new tank for birthday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pyrotechnic100

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got this tank about a week before my birthday. I thought was then ready for fish[I'm pretty sure, Becaused I used water and gravel from my 48 gal.]. So I stocked it with guppies and a snail along with some liveplants and artificail decorations[surfboards/stem plant in back]. It is currently housing another snail thats going into the 2.5 gal. in my dad's office. Does any one think I should add some more filtration, there is debris floating around the tank
48 gal. picture soon as I'm done with treating the pregnant molly with popeye

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 149
thanks
the only peoblem is that they are hallow so I have to make sure that the gravel covers the hole base, because one time on guppy went into the surf bords

pyrotechnic100 said:
thanks
the only peoblem is that they are hallow so I have to make sure that the gravel covers the hole base, because one time on guppy went into the surf bords

Lol, that could be a problem! Sounds like you've got everything under control.

yes, but the main problem I have is that my my aunt, uncle, and younger cousin coming to my house and she gets my room while I get what used to be my older brothers room and she gets mine. so I hid the food on top of the tank, moved everything fragile away from the edge, and took my wallet and more dangerous/expensive items like my video camera and pocket knives with me.

I'm also thinking of names for the guppies the male i'm thinking washington, the bigger female [Wu] Zetain or however you spell her name, and I don't know about the other female but I want to keep to with the great leader theme. and the snail is alein because he looks like an alien cow type thing. I'm thinking about redecorating when I change the airstone type from a cricular one that was impossible to put plants near to one that is cyldrical and not as wide. I will show a side by side before I put the new one in. as well as put in a back drop. and some more fake plants. I will also orginize the live plant better. I might add some dark colored papers behind the surfboards to make the guppies think it as a better hinding place, and it is because I can't get to it without moving anything.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom