New Tank:Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

orangelover77

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a new 10g tank with two Platy ( a Red Wag and a Sunburst), one Molly ( Black Molly), one Tetra ( Green Neon Tetra), and one Guppy( Tequila Sunrise Delta Guppy) in it. My tank is about 79-80 degrees. The water hardness is 30 mg, the alkalinity is 40 mg, the pH is 7.0, the nitrite is 0, and the nitrate is 20 mg. Is this all good? Also I would like to get one more fish, any suggestions? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395193269.351358.jpg

Will it not kill all my fish? Especially my guppy? I really do want a Berta but everywhere I read say they won't get along with my fish.

I have one that gets along with my baby mollies. :) But he is only interested in betta females lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I meant Betta earlier lol. And should I get male or female? Also I have some questions about my platys I think they may be pregnant. Can i direct message you?

You may:) message me! And if you did I had best experiences with males. But not sure. Maybe a longfin danio?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What's the ammonia level? How new is the tank? Does your tap water have nitrate in it? I suspect the tank is still cycling so I wouldn't add anything yet until you know for sure. Neons prefer groups (they need to be in a school) so I would add 5 more and call it stocked.

My water I bought specially from the pet store with no nitrate/nitrite or anything.My fish have been in the tank for 5 days now. So add more neons?

My background is just a sheet of plastic lol. The rocks are holding it down and the water is keeping it against the wall.

Sadly my guppy died yesterday, so today I bought another tetra so my other one wouldn't be lonely and I also bought another Platy.

How long have you had this tank? Buying water from your pet store will not cycle the tank the beneficial bacteria is in your filter not in the water column

I have already cycled the tank for two weeks and I added the fish yesterday!!

You sound frustrated, but we are just trying to help you. You said a fish died and we're just concerned.

No, I'm not frustrated, just trying to get y'all to understand. I'm extremely worried about my fish. I understand the cycling and all, so now I'm just wondering why he died. I'm just worried. I apologize.

Usually cycling takes longer than two weeks unless you got seeded media from another tank

Back
Top Bottom