New tank! moving fish ?'s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BHead707

Aquarium Advice FINatic
just bought a 20G long on the last day of the sale at petco. now all i gotta do is figure out how to fit it in my appt. lol

i currently have these in my 10G
1 betta
2 white clouds
2 zebra danios
4 skunk cories

when i get the 20 up i plan to move all of them over. i want to fill out the schools to 6 fish each will that be too many fish?

That sounds fine number wise, but IMO, white clouds like a lower temp than bettas. I personally wouldn't keep them together for that reason. But, you have been keeping them, so maybe its fine. Also, zebra danios are really active and there is a chance they will aggitate the betta when they are in a bigger tank where they have room to swim and show their real behaviors. Just a heads up that there could be an issue, but number-wise, you would be fine. If you want to, yo could always leave the betta in the 10 and get him some tankmates that prefer similar temps and aren't quite as hyper, like ember tetras for example. All up to you though.

they've all been in the ten and its been fine.the danios haven't bothered him at all, i keep the temp at 79.though i will observe them when i move them all over to their new home.

also if i up the # to 6 danios they wont be as nippy right?

they've all been in the ten and its been fine.the danios haven't bothered him at all, i keep the temp at 79.though i will observe them when i move them all over to their new home.

also if i up the # to 6 danios they wont be as nippy right?
Not necessarily. Yes, they should be less nippy, but the thing is that they do not currently have enough space to show their true behavior. So, I am just warning you that problems may arise in the bigger tank that you didn't see before because the danios can't be themselves yet. There may be no problem too, I am just saying to keep an eye out. Like I said, I think the numbers (once you up the schools to 6) are fine. I wouldn't mix them for the reasons I stated, but that certainly doesn't mean it won't work for you. Besides, you will have the 10 as a back-up in case it doesn't work. But, hopefully it will. Its good that you are getting a bigger tank for the danios. :)

Back
Top Bottom