New tank stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vince.4395

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I've been keeping aquariums for almost a year now and I'm planning to upgrade to a 55 gallon tank. I'm planning on putting angelfish, dwarf gouramis, and rainbow fish in it. How will these dish do together and how many of each can I put in the tank. Thank you!!!

Sent from my XT1030 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That depends on a few things. First, are you planning to use real or fake plants and are you planning on aquascaping the bottom?

I'll do these out of order sorry, the gouramis, you should stick with one male or a pair. You may want to consider Leeris, Pearl Gouramis as they are beautiful when fully grown. Regardless you're stuck with one male or a pair. If you weren't doing angles I'd suggest one of th pigmy gourami types.

Angles, 2-4 if you plan a large school of rainbows. Use some rocks in two areas to form territories. Flat garden stone from the plant nursery work well.

With the rainbows, that depends on what type due to size. You need to stick with something on the mid-large size because of the angles. I'd school them 8-12 at least. If you can get away with it, I'd go 14-18. Just make sure your filter is rated for at least twice the actual water capacity.

You did not say anything about bottom dwellers, the clean up crew. A nice group of 6-8 corys would work well or you could go with a few dwarf crayfish. I'm a crayfish fan, so you know what I would do.

Thank you very much henningc!!!!!! I plan on doing soil substrate for live plants and a few small rock formations. I think I'm gonna go with 3 angels a pair of pearl gouramis and I don't know about rainbow fish anymore because 8-12 might make my tank crowded. What are other types of fish that are attractive can I put with angels and pearl gouramis

Sent from my XT1030 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom