New tank theme ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman94

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just got a new (uk 90.gal) (us 108.gal) tank and was thinking I should do some sort of a theme with it.

So I need some ideas???

Dim lighting, maybe blacklight, black gravel, and all albino fish. Albino cories, albino bristlenose, albino dwarf frog, gold otos, gold dojo loach, blind cavefish, maybe glass cats

I just got a tank. Used black gravel with spits of other colors. Black backround. Looks really nice

Attachments

• image-2668131385.jpg
    image-2668131385.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 124
Fishman94 said:
Not really but I'm not using live plants or they will be eaten

What fish will eat them?
Hornwort grows like a weed and is not very demanding and you could keep it.

Do you like biotope/species tanks?

Well, what kind of fish are you going to stock it with? You could do like a regional theme for the fish. Like Aztec stuff for South American fish.

Why not do a beer themed tank? There are a lot of people that use beer bottles in their tank for support of rocks. Also, you could get a beer logo made into a silver sticker for the backdrop and then paint the remainder back of the tank black. Use black substrate and use a grow light. Be careful if you plan on using black lights as some are harmful to fish

Maybe if your having black and white gravel have a black backdround with lots of flowering plants at back of tank and then have black and white mollies with the silver dollars as the main part of the tank maybe have some rock or bog wood stacked up in middle of tank

Get a big sunken ship from your petsmarts or petcos and get big pieces of flat slate and other rocks that correspond with the color of the slate/ship. Stick the pieces of slate so it kind of jags out of your gravel and put the other rocks where it looks good. Then put the sunken ship in a kind of an angle. And that is a scene for a rocky reef or something that boats get sunk in. It may
Not sound like the best but it looks pretty good if done right. :)
Some big pieces of red lava rock would give a more reefy sick reck look as well

Back
Top Bottom