New tank transfer!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mg2755.jpg

img2758sf.jpg

img2760o.jpg

img2759ay.jpg

Water is getting there! Heater is in bringing it to temp. Once its almost full i will be mixing it with salt, then tomorrow i should be able to fill the rest with my tank water and fire it up. Never done the sump thing before so i dont know exactly if how i plan to mix up my water is a good idea:s

Yea it will work if there's a valve on the feed to the sump you can close it until the water is mixed
Here's how i do my PWC's I shut off the return pump close the feed valve then pump the old water from the sump then pump fresh salt water into the sump open valve and turn return pump back on.

Not a big deal i'd spend a few $ and put one in as it will save you a lot of headaches later with a valve you can isolate the sump from the DT this way if you need to remove it you wont have a huge job. I pull my sump and give it a good cleaning every year, return pump and skimmer pump get cleaned every 90 days

PS now is the time to put in a valve before tank is full

Its gonne be a big job putting a valve in thats for sure, never thought of that, i have about 20 gallons of ro water in my tank but the intake to the sump is sealed and all.. Pvc cemented in place..

Take a look in the pics, the grey tube is the intake to the sump, cant install a valve

can you put a small piece of spaflex on the over flow then the valve then the pipe to the sump?

I cant take anything apart without cutting it out.. Im going to fill it completely with ro di water and run a test so i dont waste any salt in case of an error then ill remove some for the transfer and save it for weekly water changes that way i know how much backflow ill have and what not

Ill be filling the rest up tonight and running it till tomorrow

Unsure as to push my regular water change a few days? Basically untill the move is complete? I estimate by wednesday, i do 3.3 gallons each monday, did a nitrate test today and its 0. Any thoughts?

It will be ok just keep an eye on things when the trates start to climb then be ready with a PWC

Its taking forever to fill! I went and bought 25 gallons of distilled to help speed up the filling process, but i dont think it will be done tonight, unless i go to bed ad midnight :(

Got 60 gallons in! Mixed up with some salt! Going to have the move completed tomorrow i sure hope!

Got 60 gallons in! Mixed up with some salt! Going to have the move completed tomorrow i sure hope!

Dang, that took some time. It would be worth it to have a 35gal garbage can with a circulation pump and heater with some salt water already mixed on hand.

Dang, that took some time. It would be worth it to have a 35gal garbage can with a circulation pump and heater with some salt water already mixed on hand.

It took me all day to full my 135 with a 35 gallon trash can. It's worth it to have on hand when you wanna do large water changes, let me tell you. Also I was looking at your pics... Is that a wet dry sump?

Sort of, im taking the media trays out, going to run some lr rubble and a refugium maybe carbon on the top media tray. Its a tidepool 2 sump series 2 by marineland. I have problem though, my new tank water is mixed with salt but really cloudy. And there is nothing in the tank

Just did a test theres nothing in my tank and the sumps not running. I test for ammonia and its at .5 so im beyond angry i repeated the test 3 times. Cleaned the tank thouroughly before using, let it dry, its just freshy mixed saltwater what do i do !? Please help i dont have enough money to go buy liverock!

Back
Top Bottom