New tank transfer!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was about to say, wow those lights do a good job covering the whole tank. I like it!

I thought so too, my nem isnt moving at all, seems happy at the bottom ! Fully open and growing! My 76 is only 2 inches taller then my 35 was :) so not much par issues at all. Afterall, par means more to me in lighting as well as spectrum , then anything else. Thanks!! I may go into the fixture and move my center moonlights, they fall right on the top brace and cause the middle to be really dark at night, ill reposition them. The back on to the left of the brace, and the front to the right of the brace. I need to keep a good eye long term though, went from 6.2 w/g to 3.1w/g

Thanks jj! Im going to be getting a kole tang and a foxface next week!:) i also need some more hermits and snails! Wont be upgrading lights as i dont see any need. This 6 bulb 36 inch fixture is awesome man i tell ya! With a black background the light directed to the tank is so much more intense!

I got a foxface last July he was under 1 inch now he is about 3.5 inches awesome fish. I love the kole tang I will be getting one as well. Good choices

Thanks! Ive thought about a white bristletooth tang as well, they are absolutely gorgeous

Nice looking fish i really like it, maybe my stock list would be one of those if i can find one around here, a white bristletooth tang, a kole tang, and another oscellaris to pair mine up, along with the two damsels i have that i may rehome to my sump which i just made a fuge in, if they cause a problem, ill also get a bubble tip, hopefully lemon drop ! Fingers crossed! If not, ill deff be gettin some maxi minis and some anenome crabs and shrimp !

Going to pick up some cheato algae and mangroves for my refugium tomorrow, i am not currently going tk be running a skimmer for a year, pending good results. With my 35 i had zero nitrates forever, no skimmer or sump or refugium just weekly water changes, now ill try for bi weekly to tri weekly 11 gallon water changes as well as a fuge. The math works out accordiing to all my nimbers

Congrats on everything looks great! For the tangs, you should try to add them at the Same time. That way they will both be new to the tank and won't get at each other. Also anytime you do a tank upgrade, you usually wanna wait a few weeks before adding anything new just so your not overwhelming your bio load. Good luck!

I would deffinately have to agree with adding them the same time, only problem is, i have yet to find a store or online site that sells white bristletooth tangs in ontario canada. I can get the kole tang anytime

The next best thing is to remove the 1st one in the tank for a week or so then place both in at the same time This will reset the territory's putting both on = terms

Would the one be okay in my sump for a week?

Tank looks awesome, glad you found a good deal. +1 if you get a white tail bristle tooth, I couldn't find one either, I believe their seasonal from Africa.

I'm going to have a specialty reef shop order one for me it will be an hour drive to pick up if not more but its so worth it! Im wondering if there will be aggression between the two, the kole tang and white tail have a similar look

Lol def. worth the drive. The best is if their introduced at the same time, but I have heard if it is within a month of the first tang. And the lights off trick at first. I think you will be fine.

Will be picking up some cheato algae tomorrow, as well as a new addition tomorrow!

Must post pics of the new fish! Makes me want a bigger tank also. I'm pretty limited on what I can keep in a 35gal.

I picked up a diamond watchmen goby! As well as some new zoas ! Also got my cheato just a tumbling!

Back
Top Bottom