New Tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got the tank. It was used, but hey, great deal. A bit grimy but I AM NOT complaing! I just need to buy new accessories, because the filters have grime in the suction tunnels that can't be cleaned, so I'm buying new filters after all. I was kinda hoping for that break though, oh well.

There's white grime on the tank itself that seems like it can be scraped off, but I wanted to know the best way to tackle it. I don't want unnecessary fogging lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Well that grime is probably hard water stains. Sometimes a little vinegar mixed with water does the trick although for mine it didn't and when I put the water in they disappeared. Also for a filter, if you want an hob, AquaClears are the way to go. They're grrrreat! lol

to get rid of the hard water stains, get the glass wet and use a razor blade to scrape it off. Hold the razor blade horizontally and scrape upwards on the glass.

I love the AquaClears. He gave me two, but I can't get all the black grime out. I don't know what the black grime is from either, but it's in the python he gave me too. Afraid to use it on my 29g, but I need to since my imitation python died yesterday.

I love the glow lights are the best tetra of all the tetra unfortunatly mine died from a heat wave but i have blackl phantom now. Maybe some gouramis dwarf or some Plecos like bristle nose. i relly like the flame effect so go for it!

Back
Top Bottom