New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zkrush2

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,
I am a beginner at this, and I had a few questions to ask. I just set up my aquarium approximately two hours ago, it has a filter that is a marineland that filters up to 90 gallons.I was wondering how long it would take until I could put my cichlids in the tank. I also have heard you need to transfer old water from your previous tank or use a chemical that jump starts the bacteria. Thanks

Zkrush2 said:
Hello,
I am a beginner at this, and I had a few questions to ask. I just set up my aquarium approximately two hours ago, it has a filter that is a marineland that filters up to 90 gallons.I was wondering how long it would take until I could put my cichlids in the tank. I also have heard you need to transfer old water from your previous tank or use a chemical that jump starts the bacteria. Thanks

How big is the tank? What cichlids do you want? Do you have a heater? Old water and chemicals don't help to cycle water
You need to do a cycle on your aquarium
There are several articles on it I'd link them but I am on the app so I can't
I'm sure people will give you the link

It is a 75 gallon aquarium and yes I have a heater.i was planning on putting my Oscar and convict cichlid in it.

Zkrush2 said:
It is a 75 gallon aquarium and yes I have a heater.i was planning on putting my Oscar and convict cichlid in it.

That should work but you need more filtration
But before anything cycle the tank

Could you explain to me how to cycle the tank?

Back
Top Bottom