New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kshannon

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Here are some pictures of my 69 gallon bowfront aquirium. So far all of the plants are live. I have 2 dwarf gourmi's, 3 platy's, and 2 albino cory cats.

I know cory's are bottom feeders and 6 or more are recommended, I plan on picking up another one this weekend. I don't know if I should be worried but they are both zooming around the middle to top of the tank? Is something off or is this normal, I got them both yesterday. The temp is around 78 degrees. They have been eating and actively looking for food.

Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 96
Here are some pictures of my 69 gallon bowfront aquirium. So far all of the plants are live. I have 2 dwarf gourmi's, 3 platy's, and 2 albino cory cats.

I know cory's are bottom feeders and 6 or more are recommended, I plan on picking up another one this weekend. I don't know if I should be worried but they are both zooming around the middle to top of the tank? Is something off or is this normal, I got them both yesterday. The temp is around 78 degrees. They have been eating and actively looking for food.

Thanks!

It is normal for cories to do that. They r bottoms feeders but will occasionally swim around the middle section.
I would definitely get more cories. 2 is ok but the more the merrier.

I have 7 peppered corys. They do the same thing but spend a majority of the time on the bottom. I started out with 2 added the rest and now they seem alot happier and secure.

First off, I wanted to say that I like your TARDIS ornament.

Two, cories do like to swim in the middle sometimes. I'd go with what the previous poster said, though, and not add anymore fish if you didn't do a fish less cycle. Once your cycle is done, then I'd get more. They really behave a lot different in large schools.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom