New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bouncer36

Aquarium Advice Activist
So my 55 gal tank has started leaking water so I went and bought a brand new one the old one we had it for over 10 years and it was used before we got it. The only one they had was a top fin brand I hope it goes well getting everything changed

Attachments

• image-2021-01-19-11:40:30-050.jpg
    image-2021-01-19-11:40:30-050.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 25
I have that same exact set up. The only things I did different were change the filter to a canister and put the top fin one away for a backup. Added an air pump and sponge filter. And later I bought the top fin glass lids so I could use some different led lights I had. I have 2 - 20 gallon hospital/quarantine tanks the plastic lids fit on perfect, so I'm still using them. On an interesting note, the top fin glass lids don't fit down in the grooves of that tank, even tho Petsmart says they do, lol

Thank you. That is exactly what I’m going to do is put the stuff away that inside for back up I just need the tank I may use the net though.

Do you use the lights on the hood for yours? Is it good for live plants? Just realized I must not read all of your post because it clearly states that you don’t. Lol.

So will the glass lids work cause I have them on mine
So if I don’t decide to put the lids on that comes either tank

I use the hoods and lights on those 2 twenty gallon tanks. They work good. I would think they are plenty bright enough for plants, but I don't keep plants so I'm no expert. The top fin glass lids I bought are about 2-3 mm to long, they don't fit fully down in the center piece groove. But other than that, they work fine

I've discovered over the years that 55 gallon, 20 gallon, 75, etc are not actually universal between manufacturers. There's a small difference of maybe a cm or 2. Your old tank looked like an older oceanic. Which was bought by marineland I believe. I usually now measure by the cm if I don't know the brand, since it's a little more accurate

Wait? What? Someone from the USA knows what a cm is? Do the others of your kind know about this? They will surely have you deported.

I long for the day i can talk about tanks in litres and have all you guys know what im talking about. Until then I'll continue converting. But, 1 step at a time. Centimetres is a start, but wait until you hear about mm.

What you did there is very british. Quote 1 thing in imperial and 1 in metric. We do Centigrade in the winter and Fahrenheit in the summer. Water and wine in litres, milk and beer in pints.
I've discovered over the years that 55 gallon, 20 gallon, 75, etc are not actually universal between manufacturers. There's a small difference of maybe a cm or 2. Your old tank looked like an older oceanic. Which was bought by marineland I believe. I usually now measure by the cm if I don't know the brand, since it's a little more accurate

I just need to know if the that came with it would do live plants ? If they don’t I will put my glass tops on and use the light I have on it

Wait? What? Someone from the USA knows what a cm is? Do the others of your kind know about this? They will surely have you deported.

I long for the day i can talk about tanks in litres and have all you guys know what im talking about. Until then I'll continue converting. But, 1 step at a time. Centimetres is a start, but wait until you hear about mm.

What you did there is very british. Quote 1 thing in imperial and 1 in metric. We do Centigrade in the winter and Fahrenheit in the summer. Water and wine in litres, milk and beer in pints.
Haha! I like cm because it's easier for my horrible eyes to read, lol. It's hard to read 47 3/8" on a tape. We call beer pints too. In the pub!

I just got done with it .pretty foggy lost one fish so far image-2021-01-19-19:51:53-453.jpg. I am using the light and hood that came with it But will change if I find out that it doesn’t work with my plants.

Back
Top Bottom