New Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foxstar

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 55 gallon tank and am wondering what fish I should put in it.
I am planning on an angelfish, and already have one opaline gourami.
I am thinking of maybe getting 1 or 2 more gouramis and a small school of fish (possible a few cherry barbs), or some kribensis cichlids (i have read they can be a bit aggressive)
I also am wondering what plants I should get as i only have a Mexican bowl rock and 2 fake logs.
My tank has 2 airstones, a hang on back filter, and a heater, and I am planning on getting a submersible filter or powerhead.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I'd much rather see several of one species rather than a few or one of one species. Especially a lone one of one species. Most fish like to be in groups. As far as angelfish, they are much happier in groups. They pick on each other all the time, but they are cichlids, of course. But in a group they leave other species alone. One single angelfish often becomes aggressive with everybody.

Thanks,
What would you suggest having then?
How many angelfish and gouramis?
What other fish might I be able to put in that would go well without making the tank over crowded?

Would I be able to put 2 different variants of gouramis together or would they all have to be the same?
such as 3 opaline gouramis and 3 flame dwarf gouramis?
Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom