New to aquariums 10gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, I wouldn't. The cycle should start and complete with just 1 guppy in a 10 gal, I think. We'll see how it goes. Enjoy it now b/c once ammonia rises you're going to be doing some water changes. :) So you've had the guppy since the 6th right? I'd give it 3 more days; even if ammonia stays at 0 by then I'd do a 50% water change just to replenish the water.

Your plants are low-light but time will tell whether they'll survive with your lighting, they should be OK I think. I wouldn't dose anything for the plants as you'll likely have algae issues with such low-light and adding ferts. Just watch them and see how they do. If they start to die take them out b/c dying plants can contribute to toxins in the water. Just keep an eye on them.

Hey my water is about 1.5 inch from the top do i just top it off with dechlorinated water

Yep. :) Try to match the temperature as closely as you can too; feeling both the new water and tank water with your hand is usually close enough.

lg310 said:
Ph 8 ammonia. .25-.50 nitrite-. .50-1 nitrate- looks like 0

Ok. Can you double check the instructions and repeat the tests? I ask because your readings are kind of all over the place. Can you test your tap water for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate too please.

lg310 said:
Did it step by step
Ph8
Ammonia-.25-.50
Nitrite-.50-1.0
Nitrate-0

Give me 10 min ill check it

^^^just to be clear this is the tank.

lg310 said:
Ph 8.4
Ammonia. 50
Nitrite 0
Nitrate it was not light yellow but wasn't orange so i guess between 0-5.0

^^^ an this is the tap

Yes?

Since there is ammonia in your tap water you need a dechlorinator that neutralizes ammonia. You are using stress coat? (sorry bad memory!) I've never used it before so I'll look it up. Can you read the bottle and see if it says anything?

lg310 said:
Yes correct on the tests I use top fin water conditioner is there such thing as too much water conditioner?

There is, but I'm not sure about the amount. That's one thing I'm lacking experience in, different water conditioners. I've always just used prime. :)
I think we might have to wait until someone else that has more of an idea than me to step in.

Back
Top Bottom